Album DescriptionContinuing its work with the rising stars of the early music world, CORO is delighted to be releasing its second recording with one of The Sixteen Orchestra's principal members - Robert Quinney.
This new album, which was recorded at Trinity College, Cambridge, on the beautiful Metzler Organ, features a number of virtuosic works from Bach's early years including one of the most famous pieces of organ music in the repertory - the Toccata and Fugue in D minor (BWV 565). The disc also includes the Toccata and Fugue in F (BWV 540) and the Passacaglia (BWV 582) - one of Bach's most well-known and important organ works. Robert Schumann described the variations of Passacaglia as 'intertwined so ingeniously that one can never cease to be amazed.'
Track Listing:J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
1. Toccata and Fugue in D minor BWV 565
2. Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern BWV 739
3. Passacaglia in C minor BWV 582
Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C BWV 564
7. Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr: canto fermo in Soprano BWV 662
8. Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr: canto fermo in Tenore BWV 663
9. Trio super Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr BWV 664
Toccata and Fugue in F BWV 540
TOTAL PLAYING TIME: 1hr 16mins