The great Spanish composer and priest, Tomas Luis de Victoria, devoted his life to writing supremely uplifting and intense music throughout the church calendar.
The Call of the Beloved includes some of the earliest triple-choir music ever to be published and is a reminder of Victoria's joyous and passionate music, complementing his more austere Requiem and music for Holy Week.
Tomás Luis de Victoria (1548-1611)
1. Motet: Laetatus sum a 12
Missa Laetatus sum a 12
7. Agnus Dei
8. Hymn: Veni creator spiritus a 4
9. Motet: Vadam et circuibo civitatem a 6
10. Motet: Vidi speciosam a 6
11. Hymn: Ad caenam Agni providi a 4
12. Magnificat Sexti toni a 12
TOTAL PLAYING TIME: 68.36